Oftentimes, an implant shaped similarly to the root of the tooth it is replacing is the best option. Sometimes, however, there may not be enough room for full sized implants. Other times, their size and strength just aren’t needed. In such cases, newer, smaller implants are the best choice for many patients.
Benefits of Mini Dental Implants (MDI)
- Can be completed in an hour with a single visit to our office
- Provides firm, secure foundation for fixed or partial dentures
- Minimal cutting gums, oral surgery, or removal of stiches required
- You experience no pain or discomfort during mini implant procedure
- Enables instant replacement of one or more missing teeth
- Renewed chewing ability resulting in healthy, better digestion
- Procedure is long lasting and considered to be permanent
- Effective for cosmetic smile makeovers and esthetic dentistry
Mini implant treatment is a safe, precise and minimally invasive technique that’s regularly performed at Comfort Dental. Unlike typical implant procedures, there is no need for sinus lifting, or the long months of healing time associated with other procedures. Additionally, mini dental implants are a minimally invasive treatment that can immediately stabilize loose dentures, eliminating the need for messy denture adhesives.
Contact Our Office Today...
Why Mini Dental Implants?
Even the best denture adhesives can’t compare to the denture stability achieved with mini dental implants. Mini dental implants are designed to help denture wearers laugh, talk and live with complete comfort and total confidence.
Developed to provide greater denture stability, mini implants are a great option for those who:
- Can’t withstand the rigors of full-size implant surgery
- Don’t have enough bone to allow for full-sized implants to be placed
- Are seeking a more affordable dental implant option
How Mini Dental Implants Work
The mini dental implant system consists of:
- Metal housings incorporated into the base of your denture
- Rubber O-rings, housed in the metal housings, to provide the seal that locks the pieces into place
- Mini titanium alloy dental implants, rooted into the jawbone, that act as an anchor to stabilize the lower denture
The Mini Dental Implant Procedure
You can receive mini dental implants at Comfort Dental. The procedure takes place in the Comfort Dental office, with local anesthesia. Typically, the procedure takes only one appointment and can be completed within an hour.
To accomplish this, Dr. Funderburk relies on a precise and controlled technique to insert the small diameter implants (around 2 millimeters wide) into your jawbone.
- With heads that are shaped like a ball, the implants protrude from the gum tissue where they provide a secure anchor for your dentures.
- Metal housings that carry a rubber O-ring will are inserted into the bottom of your dentures.
- The dentures are seated on the mini dental implants. The O-ring snaps over the ball like a socket and locks the dentures firmly into place as they gently rest on your gum tissue.
Implants are designed to help your dentures work like natural teeth, allowing easy and comfortable mobility for important functions such as eating, talking and laughing.
Because of the minimally invasive nature of the mini dental implant procedure, the healing period afterward is shortened. Within a few days, you can expect to again be out and about, enjoying a lunch of your favorite foods, talking with ease, laughing and smiling freely. You’ll feel greater confidence in your dentures and your smile and more stability in your new dentures. Best of all: the enhanced staying power you feel in your new dentures comes without messy adhesives or creams.