Six Month Braces
What is short-term orthodontics?
Short-term orthodontic treatment is an innovative use of tried-and-true orthodontics. It’s most beneficial for adults looking to improve their appearance without undergoing full-scale “braces”. For instance, a little straightening and a little whitening of your natural teeth can make you look great, while still looking like YOU – all in a shortened treatment time.
Why use short-term orthodontics?
Individual treatment times vary, but the average time is about six months. Traditional braces are the most widely used and most effective method to give patients straight, healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. Six-month braces have taken the core principles of orthodontics and modified the treatment and some of the materials to give adults a reasonable, realistic option that better fits your lifestyle.
Some advantages of short-term braces are:
- Average treatment times of only six months.
- The brackets and wires are barely visible.
- Braces have been shown to provide the most conservative and predictable final result.
- Appointments are typically fast and completely comfortable.
- Low forces and short overall orthodontic treatment times increase comfort, safety, and hygiene.
- Short-term orthodontics is typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers.