“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” – Benjamin Franklin
Why wait until you have a dental problem before you see the dentist? The majority of dental conditions can be prevented, or corrected very early in the process with minimally invasive dental treatment.
Preventive dentistry focuses partly on in-office procedures like:
- Regular checkups & cleanings
- Oral cancer screening
- Treating or even reversing cavities before they cause permanent damage
- Fabrication of custom night guards to prevent damage from grinding
- Dental sealants to prevent cavities from forming
- Preventive resin restorations to stop cavities before they penetrate the dentin of the tooth
- Patient education so you know what to do at home to prevent or slow dental disease
You’re In Charge of Prevention!
“You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make ‘em drink.” – Old English proverb
Preventive dentistry is not just what we do for you! The great majority of prevention depends on what you do for yourself – on a daily basis. Proper diet, brushing, and flossing are essential to good dental health. This is where Comfort Dental’s hygiene experts will help, teaching you exactly what you need know and what you need to ensure the best oral health possible.
We’ll also make sure you know what types of products you should use, and how to use them properly. You may need a prescription product that’s more powerful than those available over-the-counter.
Different people will have different preventive needs. That’s why we customize each preventive plan just for you! But it’s still up to you to do a little bit of work every day to maintain your oral health. By working together, we can prevent most common dental problems.