If You Have An Emergency
See our emergency information section, and call us today!
Dr. Funderburk recommends that, unless it’s an emergency, you join our practice in one of two simple, straightforward ways:
Three Types of New Patient Appointments
- If you have a single problem: Why not start with a limited, problem-focused examination, an x-ray of that area, and a discussion with Dr. Funderburk about the best treatment options for your particular concern? Even if it’s not an emergency, sometimes you only want one problem solved! Usually, treatment can be done, or started, the same day as this initial appointment.
- If you prefer comprehensive care: Visit with us for a complete examination by Dr. Funderburk, including a full x-ray of your mouth, and an initial visit with one of our hygienists. At that point, we can guide you towards the dental health goals that you choose, based on your individual needs and concerns.
- If you have cosmetic concerns: When you look in the mirror do you like what you see? Do you suspect your teeth could look a lot better, but don’t know what your options might be? You may be surprised at the variety of cosmetic procedures that can quickly give you the smile you’ve always wanted. Why not schedule a no obligation Cosmetic Consultation, where our Comfort Dental team guides you through the range of options that might help you achieve your perfect smile?
If you’re like most of our patients, you’ll want to choose to a complete examination, x-rays and an initial visit with our expert hygienist. This allows for a more thorough examination, as we can more clearly view your teeth and gums after your initial cleaning. This also provides Dr. Funderburk and our hygiene staff all the important information needed to answer your questions and review your individual treatment options.
Usually, minor treatment can be done or started the same day as your appointment. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Using our convenient online preregistration, you can complete your registration “paperwork” paperlessly, at your convenience and from the comfort of your own home.Not only does this save time and stress during your initial visit, it helps ensure the accuracy of your information- dosages of medications, insurance numbers, and other information that you might not always have handy. Please submit your online preregistration at least 24 hours before your appointment, so that we may verify your information and coordinate any insurance benefits.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your appointment:
- Any recent x-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable.
- An up-to-date list of all medications and supplements you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance and have not already pre-registered, bring information about your specific dental insurance coverage, including your personal dental insurance card, if possible. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please alert the office prior to making your appointment if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken recent x-rays, you may request that these be forwarded to our office. If time permits, please pick these up and bring them with you to your appointment. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.